New Mexico DWI Laws
New Mexico DWI Laws: Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) Limits and Implied Consent
|"Per Se" BAC Limit||0.08 Percent|
|Zero Tolerance (Underage) BAC Limit||0.02 Percent|
|Enhanced Penalty (Aggravated) BAC Limit||0.16 Percent|
|Implied Consent to Submit to BAC Test?||Yes|
New Mexico DWI Laws: Select Penalties
|Minimum License Suspension or Revocation (1st, 2nd, 3rd offense)||6 months, 1 year, 1 year|
|Mandatory Alcohol Education, Assessment and Treatment||Both|
|Vehicle Confiscation Possible?||No|
|Ignition Interlock Device Possible?||Yes|
New Mexico DWI Resources:
- New Mexico DWI Statutes: Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicating Liquor or Drugs (NMSA 66-8-102).
- DWI Prevention - Information about drunk driving and DWI laws in New Mexico (NM Dept. of Public Safety).
- DWI Checkpoints - Overview of the use of sobriety checkpoints in New Mexico (NM Dept. of Public Safety).
- DWI Penalties - Information about penalties for DWI offenses in New Mexico (NM Dept. of Public Safety).
- Ignition Interlock - Primer on New Mexico's IID program for DWI offenders (NM Dept. of Public Safety).