New York DWI Laws
New York DWI Laws: Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) Limits and Implied Consent
|"Per Se" BAC Limit||0.08 Percent|
|Zero Tolerance (Underage) BAC Limit||0.02 Percent|
|Enhanced Penalty (Aggravated) BAC Limit||0.18 Percent|
|Implied Consent to Submit to BAC Test?||Yes|
New York DWI Laws: Select Penalties
|Minimum License Suspension or Revocation (1st, 2nd, 3rd offense)||90 days, 6 months, 6 months|
|Mandatory Alcohol Education, Assessment and Treatment||Both|
|Vehicle Confiscation Possible?||Yes|
|Ignition Interlock Device Possible?||Yes|
New York DWI Resources:
- New York DWI Statutes: Operating a Motor Vehicle While Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs (NY VTL Article 31).
- Alcohol and Drug Driving Violations - Answers to frequently asked questions about New York DWI laws (NY DMV).
- Leandra's Law with Ignition Interlock Requirement - Information about New York's IID program (NY DMV).
- Drinking Driver Program - Guide to New York's alcohol and drug rehabilitation program (PDF, NY DMV).
- You and the Drinking Driving Laws - Overview of New York's DWI laws (PDF, NY DMV).